couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Linking to Professional Services
Date Wed, 15 Oct 2014 11:34:46 GMT
couch.io comes back? wouldn't it cause creation yet another couchbase?
or what should ensure people in that?
--
,,,^..^,,,

On Wed, Oct 15, 2014 at 3:30 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Heya Marketingers,
>
> one of the things I keep noticing in the field is that people and companies decide against
using CouchDB because there are no professional services or support offerings.

> My main objective is showing that CouchDB is a viable solution and that commercial services
are being catered to.

> Of course there is Cloudant, but there are enough scenarios where that’s not an option.
>
> Also of course, there are a number of people and companies that offer services for CouchDB,
e.g. Benoit.

> I think it’d be a great boost for the project if the main website (or sub-page) would
have a direct pointer to the various offerings that exist so end users get a feel for how
good they can be taken care of, if needed.

> Say we all agree that it’s a good idea*, there are a few open questions:
>  - who decides which offerings get listed?
>  - what would be a rule or guideline for refusing an entry?
>  - how do we deal with offers that turn out not to be so good after all?
>  - how can we avoid a “first come first serve” rush to offer something first?
>  - etc.
>
> *If* we are going anywhere, I think we should look at other Apache projects and other
open source projects and come up with guidelines that answer the above questions (and the
ones you come up with :)

> *- If we don’t agree that’s a good idea, that’s also fine, I just wanted to get
a discussion around this going :)