couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New motto?
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 10:05:00 GMT
On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:10 PM, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:
> On 31 October 2014 09:34, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 11:29 AM, Nick North <north.n@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Your data - everywhere - all the time
>>
>> Squatted: https://pragprog.com/news/new-page
>>
>> P.S. Hi Nick! (:
>>

> I am a musician and I write a lot of music these days. What I don't like is
> stealing music from others. What I accept in a way is copying music when
> the editor is adding his own style (e.g. a cover). What I do like a lot is
> be inspired by the work of other musicians. With that I show my respect for
> their music.
>
> There will always be a slogan or sentence already used. I don't think we
> will find one, that is not used in a way in the are we are working. So for
> me it is totally ok to be inspired by slogans other people already created.
> And the case Alex mentioned above is not a problem for me. But that's my
> personal opinion ....

Collisions with slogans is more sensitive than offending someone by
uncanny decisions. While you may ignore someone feelings you couldn't
ignore lawyers which would be very happy to punish you for every
branding mistake.

Music is a little bit different planet and there are different rules
for it, but also imho (:

--