couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Naming releases
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 19:30:55 GMT
I have a bit of a feeling, that the proposal is a bit misunderstood. Noah
has written:

"We'd mention the name in the release announcement and
in the changelog. But otherwise, we'd continue to talk about releases
using the release number."

So we use the name for a CouchDB release solely for marketing activities.
We stay with the release numbers. So the number is the important part. With
Mac OS X and Ubuntu, the name is the important part and the number is ... a
number.

So I don't see any problems with naming a release if we keep the release
number as the most important part.

Cheers

Andy

--