couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: AdvocateHub rewards
Date Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:43:13 GMT

> On 30 Oct 2014, at 17:37 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Jan/Lena, could you expand a little on why you don't like the idea of
> dedicating a release?

I fear that someone who built a significant feature for a release would
feel they need recognition as well, but they don’t because they aren’t
reflected in this (AFAIK). If we get into dedicated specific code-
contributors, where do we do the cutoff? What about people who not write
features, but review every pull request? It gets messy fast. I don’t want
to get into that. Plus there are plenty of great rewards already and I’m
sure once this is rolling, we will think of a lot more, too :)

Best
Jan
--

> I'm thinking it would be a small para at the bottom of the release
> announcement, something like this:
>
> "This release is dedicated to the following advocates as a thank you
> for helping grow the community: Alice, Bob, Chris"
>
> Perhaps we could even add some sort of clarification as to why they're
> being thanked.
>
> Lena, for naming the release: we can exercise editorial control by
> simply saying "that's not gonna fly, pick a different name." Would
> that allay your concerns?
>
> On 30 October 2014 17:11, Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>> Also like all of them, except

>> I'd rather avoid that, as it sets the reward at a wrong place, imo.

>> My main issue with this is that I fear running into discussions what is appropriate
as a name (in terms of our bylaws and CoC (which wouldn't have to be a discussion then at
all), but also in terms of marketing.