couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <woh...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Naming releases
Date Mon, 27 Oct 2014 20:41:00 GMT
-0.5 for all the reasons previously outlined.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Davis" <paul.joseph.davis@gmail.com>
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org, andywenk@apache.org
Cc: marketing@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Monday, October 27, 2014 3:39:55 PM
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Naming releases

I'm a bit on the -1 side of things as well. Having two ways to refer
to a release has always annoyed me with projects like Debian/Ubuntu.
Granted they tend to use them a lot more interchangeably than Noah is
suggesting, though I do wonder if it'd still lead to confusion.

I think for the particular current case I wonder if we can't think of
other perk things for the category that Noah is trying to fill. Though
I have to say I can't think of anything off the top of my head.