couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Recruitment tweets
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:53:21 GMT
Hi Noah,

Yes, I understand these problems, but it looks like Jan and found
positive response and Javier joined us (welcome!). Looks like it
works!(:

As about second, task-specific approach, I believe it would be enough
to sort JIRA issues by trivial complexity level and figure some
attractive recruitment message for it. The issue may be random or
someone suggest a number.

Also, I have another idea - about testing CouchDB 2.0. We all know
that it breaks compatibility, so most of available clients may
suddenly be found broken for certain API calls. Every client has own
testing suite which verifies that it works ok with CouchDB, mostly it
runs functional testing with no mocks. So it leads us to the cases
like "CouchDB 2.0 soon will get released, but does nanocouch ready for
it? check it out and file bug reports!" - so we're going to hit two
birds with single stone: attract more people in release testing
process, stimulate existed clients to start getting ready for 2.0
release and, certainly, raise people interest to CouchDB life: through
testing and bug reporting to small patches and new features.
--