couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Weekly news documentation
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:03:29 GMT
Heya Lena,

this is outstanding! :)

As for Wordpress accounts: you write to check whether we should only give accounts out to
committers.

My take is, that if Wordpress allows to create accounts that can only cause limited damage,
say post new articles, then we should give them out liberally. If a person is prolific enough,
they’ll earn commitership soon enough and can get more permissions on the blog.

The goal is to keep the barrier to entry low, but leave in reasonable protection against rogue
people or newcomers who might accidentally the whole blog.

Best
Jan
--

On 19 Aug 2014, at 16:20 , Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have now updated the Weekly News documentation and added:
> - technical setup
> - description of all sections, incl. sources and content limitations
>
> New version is here, it has now everything I know and have done so far in it: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Weekly+News
>
> Note: I don't know who of you all was part of the first discussions about "Weekly News"
in February. I have already included a bit of the content from these discussions in the News
now, but am not sure what to do with the rest, thus, I left it in, it's still at the bottom
of that Wiki.