couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Re: Weekly news documentation
Date Tue, 19 Aug 2014 16:15:34 GMT
Thanks for taking a look and for the feedback, Jan!

I agree, imo keeping the WP accounts as accessible as possible could also help a lot regarding
attracting new possible committers whilst limiting community efforts.
WP offers the following roles:
• Administrator – nothing is off limits
• Editor – has access to all posts, pages, comments, categories, tags, and links.
• Author – can write, upload photos to, edit, and publish their own posts.
• Contributor – has no publishing or uploading capability, but can write and edit their
own posts until they are published
(see details for all here: http://en.support.wordpress.com/user-roles/ ).

One possible approach could be:
* Admin - for official committers only
* Editor, Author or Contributor could be for others (depending on limitations the community
agrees on and rights needed)
Contributor could be a starter role when posts have to be reviewed before publishing, editor
or author for later?

On 19.08.2014, at 18:03, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> Heya Lena,
>
> this is outstanding! :)
>
> As for Wordpress accounts: you write to check whether we should only give accounts out
to committers.

> My take is, that if Wordpress allows to create accounts that can only cause limited damage,
say post new articles, then we should give them out liberally. If a person is prolific enough,
they’ll earn commitership soon enough and can get more permissions on the blog.

> The goal is to keep the barrier to entry low, but leave in reasonable protection against
rogue people or newcomers who might accidentally the whole blog.

> Best
> Jan
> --
>
> On 19 Aug 2014, at 16:20 , Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I have now updated the Weekly News documentation and added:
>> - technical setup
>> - description of all sections, incl. sources and content limitations
>>
>> New version is here, it has now everything I know and have done so far in it: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Weekly+News
>>
>> Note: I don't know who of you all was part of the first discussions about "Weekly
News" in February. I have already included a bit of the content from these discussions in
the News now, but am not sure what to do with the rest, thus, I left it in, it's still at
the bottom of that Wiki.

>> If you want to take a look at it and give feedback: your support would help improve
this document a lot!

>> Best
>>
>> Lena
>>
>> On 14.08.2014, at 13:10, Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks for the feedback, Andy!
>>> Good point, I'll add this, as well as whom to talk to for getting access to the
WP etc.