couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [NEWS] Fedora news about CouchDB and systemd
Date Sun, 13 Jul 2014 20:14:18 GMT
Well, bad news are also the news. We can strictly follow the advise of
three wise monkeys for certain topics, but this wouldn't make them
gone away. Instead of threat each by being fired for sharing thoughts
/ participant in..hm..unwanted discussions better focus on real
problems which we have a lot and figure out how can we correctly
handle and  avoid such issues in future without reputation loss of the
whole project and each member.

The quoted paragraphs are not about something new, just retell about
things that happened on our JIRA and dev@ ML.

The translation TL;DR: the project fall as a victim of the world-wide
disease called "political correctness" which now occurs in the form of
Newspeak - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak . Hopefully, we were
ill not too much long time to waste significant amount of our
resources on fighting with that badness like other communities did;
now we're fine and gonna rock.

Nothing criminal.

--
,,,^..^,,,

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 11:38 PM, Joan Touzet <wohali@apache.org> wrote:
> Can you help translate this? Google isn't much help. It looks
> not just extremely negative but extraordinarily crude, racist and
> insensitive:
>
> ------------
>
> And finally, a fun and at the same time sad news. Unfortunately we are with our systemd-changes
were not a very good time for CouchDB. And it's not just two huge changes falling into git-repository
CouchDB right now - the transition from a test framework to test framework etap eunit and
merge with the project BigCouch , and two huge bombs of political correctness.

> In-1 to hit the community DDoS-th discussion replacement master / slave terminology in
non-racist . This is a popular topic now - if we replace the expression established by the
politically correct, you'll get a 10 to your charisma in geymifitsirovannom reallayfe. No
more pros will not only meaningless distraction forces developers to discuss politically correct
newspeak . And in-2 revealed that the images used in examples of the advertising campaign
of Barack Obama or his opponent . We find it hard to say whose mascot was Joe The Plumber,
because policy in the United States by the look very similar - wars lead, both Republicans
and Democrats, so we do not know much about who's there and who to this amusement park .

> To the credit of the community, both discussing not only spent too much energy of the
participants and taking place on Friday to be released early on Saturday and finished correcting
both discussing faster than in similar cases in other did the community, the developers continued
programming.