couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject [NEWS] CouchDB Weekly news July 17, 2014, are ready for feedback
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 13:08:13 GMT
Hi everyone,

thanks again to everyone who submitted a link!

This week's News (a quite long issue) are now ready for your review and feedback –
Preview: http://couchdbblog.wordpress.com/?p=223&preview=true
Post: https://couchdbblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=223
GitHub: http://ffffux.github.io/weekly-news.html

Release Notes:
- "Discussions" Section, question about "What are the cases in which we can see data loss
…" – The entire thread seemed to be interesting to users, thus, I also put the differentiation
between MongoDB and CouchDB in
- "Use Cases, Questions …" section: added link "Integrate data with Cloudant and CouchDB
NoSQL database using IBM InfoSphere Information Server", feedback appreciated
- Fedora News about CouchDB and systemd (see thread http://markmail.org/search/?q=[NEWS]+Fedora+news+about+CouchDB+and+systemd#query:[NEWS]%20Fedora%20news%20about%20CouchDB%20and%20systemd%20list%3Aorg.apache.couchdb.marketing+page:1+mid:ogvsunxkrjzpo4ne+state:results)
-> left this post out as for a) the discussion about its content in the thread (content
would also be violating our new bylaws), b) we usually only provided content in English in
the news up to now; if you have any objections, please let me know
- new "Time to relax"-section – included the section for now, plus an editors' note to introduce
it; would suggest (as in the draft) giving a quote with each link in this section. Please
inform me if you have concerns or feedback about it.

I appreciate your review and feedback!

Best

Lena