couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Johs Ensby <j...@b2w.com>
Subject Re: a thought for weekly news
Date Fri, 18 Jul 2014 06:44:06 GMT
Hi,
I also support this idea, although I think its important to stay away from band wagons like
mindfullness
Just “Relax” used in a wide variety of settings will keep the meaning of this one-word
slogan building.
I also like Dave’s “sent from by couch”

I have followed the discussion on finding a new slogan and I think that is not a good ideas.
Right now Couchdb is lacking a communication strategy and the efforts are very much on the
mechanicals of getting a blog up and running etc.
Trying to coin a new slogan without even defining the target group is not easy.

The visual and the name is a very good foundation
A free word play on “couch” and “relax” would be a much more up-to-date way of building
the brand than coining slogans and adding new elements

Johs
https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=4547164

On 17 Jul 2014, at 10:36, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:

> I keep having this idea which might not be appropriate for the news, but kinda like it
deserves a theme about Relaxing, not just couchdb but in general.

> This might mean including a link about relaxing on holiday, practicing mindfulness or
meditation, making your/other peoples lives easier, whatever comes to mind.