couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Re: [NEWS] This weeks's CouchDB News are ready for feedback
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 17:20:43 GMT

> P.S. have also remind that we miss (completely?) our chance to reuse
> Dave's couchdbweekly.com domain: it could serve us as backup and for
> nicer UI, friendly to humans.

Good idea! What about (with "avoiding duplicate content" in mind, and of course also asking
Dave for his opinion :) ) —
- posting an excerpt and link to the post on the official blog there every week when infra
works
- posting it there entirely when infra is down?
(Would also be a more elegant way than my "link to it in email archive"-idea)

> --
> ,,,^..^,,,
>

>> On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 8:40 PM, Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> as it's already wednesday again and last week's News couldn't be published yet, I'd
suggest the following:

>> I'd prepare the news for tomorrow anyway, merge it with important content from last
week and then hope the infra is up again in the next days. If you think this doesn't make
sense or have a different idea, let me know.

>> I don't really know if there are any alternatives, but I'd love to hear your ideas
on how to deal with infrastructure issues in the future (I know that infrastructure stuff
is hard, my intention id not to blame anyone but to see how this can be dealt with from marketing
side).

>> My main reason for this is that, in my experience, one of the most important things
with posts like weekly news and for gaining more traction over time is publishing them frequently
and reliably so users know that this is happening weekly and start looking forward to it.
And the second, very personal reason, is, that I put pretty much work into their curation
:)

>> Would it probably be a solution to send them out via email (dev@ / …?) and then
tweet a link to the email archive? Or …?

>> Looking forward to hearing your ideas!
>>
>>> On 17.06.2014, at 13:06, Andy Wenk <andywenk@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> asking infra for a schedule ...
>>>
>>> Cheers