couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Promote the CouchDB 1.6.0 release
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 14:11:16 GMT

On 13 Jun 2014, at 15:45 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Perhaps we could improve this by:
>
> - Moving the release notes bit early in the release process

Or even make it a requirement for the release process to start. We can always amend it, if
there need to be updates. That way we can make it part of the “PR Merge” requirement where
dev@ and marketing@ can work together on writing this up.

> On 13 June 2014 15:35, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:

>> Adding whatever needs adding to the relevant What's New documentation
>> chapter might be even better, and can be done at any time by anyone.

That too, of course, and I think it is important to have a friendlier document for the press
folks that they can copy from right with the release notes. Happy to split it in two with
a tl;dr preceding the longer explanations which then can also go into the docs What’s New.

Best
Jan