couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Promote the CouchDB 1.6.0 release
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 14:22:06 GMT
On 11 June 2014 15:52, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another problem is that as more non-interesting news
> we sharing as more likely these posts will be ignored

Can you clarify this point? What "non-interesting" news?

> Marketing isn't only about
> managing existed community, but also is about attracting new members.

Agreed. However, my time and attention is limited, so I need to be
careful where I spend it. :) One way of prioritising is pursuing the
channels that get us the most exposure. At the moment, that's Twitter,
Hacker News, and Reddit. Everything else is secondary.

> There is no need use analytics and pageviews to guess that with single
> dry sentences it's merely hard to rich this goal...

I agree. But producing the summaries takes time, which again, is my
only limited resource. :) I was looking through my Google+ feed today
(for the first time in several years) and I noticed that many people
share links without any description whatsoever.

> ...but wait, I don't wear marketing hat (:

Sure you do. You're on the list, you're on the marketing team. :)

>> If you're like to help, that'd be sweet.
>
> How?

Perhaps by writing these summaries and posting them to both Google+
and Facebook, and also taking over the management of both of these
channels, working to grow and nurture the communities there.
Interested?

Thanks!

--
Noah Slater