couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Promote the CouchDB 1.6.0 release
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2014 17:22:54 GMT
On 11 June 2014 16:43, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Under "non-interesting" I mean the news as like as ours. "Foo get
> release X.Y.Z. This is feature release". "Okay " is the only reaction
> of users who are not directly related to "Foo" project and obliviously
> such news wouldn't raise any interest from their side.

Not sure why people would be following CouchDB if they didn't care
about our releases. Perhaps I'm missing something?

> HN for this release is not very active ):

HN is a crapshoot, unfortunately. (That's a gambling term.)

> As a good example I could recommend this "community" (better call it
> G+ news feed of single man):

The third post down is this:

https://plus.google.com/110423559145794735162/posts/WCnwykhcyy8

someone is sharing the weekly news, with the only comment being:

"A little bit late ;)"

> Ok, but I could only handle G+ channel - don't have an account and not
> plan to sign up to FB. However, as for preparing summaries this could
> be done here at marketing@ right before release would be announced.

Okay cool. Would be good to do it for weekly news too pls!

I can use your summaries when posting to FB.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater