couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Akshat Jiwan Sharma <akshatji...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [NEWS] This weeks's CouchDB News are ready for feedback
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 18:20:55 GMT
Thanks Andy,

Yep I will definitely need help with this. At the moment the questions are
in my head so I will first make an initial list and then start a new
thread.

Akshat Jiwan Sharma,
Independent Software Contractor,
(+91) 9654119771 | http://www.staticshin.com <http://staticshin.com>

On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 11:32 PM, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:

> [...]
> sadly
> > there were few details outside the list of changes. I would have liked to
> > see an interview with Beniot with questions relevant to rcouch.
> >

> > Would this be a good idea? Interviewing the couch-db devs on how they
> feel
> > about couchdb, it's ecosystem and the direction the project is taking in
> > general?
> >
> > If you give me a go ahead I can prepare a list of questions, email them,
> > compile the answers and submit it to Lena for final approval.
>

> This is a brilliant idea. I would love to see a list of questions. Another
> topic would be the BigCouch merge. Robert Newson (rnewson) and Russel
> Branca (chewbranca) are very much involved here and maybe a double
> interview would be cool.
>
> I have some further ideas for possible interview partners and would love to
> share the ideas with you. I think the best way is to start a new thread on
> marketing@.
>
> In my opinion, doing and releasing interviews would be of very great value
> for the project because interested people can "touch" the people behind
> Apache CouchDB and it's community.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Cheers
>
> Andy
>

> > Akshat Jiwan Sharma,
> > Independent Software Contractor,
> > (+91) 9654119771 | http://www.staticshin.com <http://staticshin.com>
> >

> > On Wed, Jun 18, 2014 at 10:22 PM, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > +1 for news merge.
> > >
> > > P.S. have also remind that we miss (completely?) our chance to reuse
> > > Dave's couchdbweekly.com domain: it could serve us as backup and for
> > > nicer UI, friendly to humans.
> > > --
> > > ,,,^..^,,,

> > > published yet, I'd suggest the following:

> > > content from last week and then hope the infra is up again in the next
> > > days. If you think this doesn't make sense or have a different idea,
> let
> > me
> > > know.

> hear
> > > your ideas on how to deal with infrastructure issues in the future (I
> > know
> > > that infrastructure stuff is hard, my intention id not to blame anyone
> > but
> > > to see how this can be dealt with from marketing side).

> > > important things with posts like weekly news and for gaining more
> > traction
> > > over time is publishing them frequently and reliably so users know that
> > > this is happening weekly and start looking forward to it. And the
> second,
> > > very personal reason, is, that I put pretty much work into their
> > curation :)

> …?)
> > > and then tweet a link to the email archive? Or …?

let me know and
> > I'll
> > > just

on the blog admin