couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Cloudant and CouchDB branding
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2014 15:20:32 GMT
Noah and Sally,

thanks for bringing this up. Yes it's frustrating. And let's not forget
about the existing confusion with Couchbase also. CouchDB is one of the
first NoSQL databases and still a plain open source project. Noah you have
often stated, that as a community existing out of volunteers, we don't have
the power Couchbase or MongDB Inc has regarding marketing activities.

I remember the email sent by Adam K. who asked, what IBM could do to help
Apache CouchDB. There we have one point: marketing and press presence. Even
though Lena is already doing a great awesome job, we need a bigger lever to
not sink among the other NoSQL databases.

Thanks a lot for all your help. It's highly appreciated. Please let me know
what I can do to help ...

Cheers

Andy

--