couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: [REQUEST] Promote the CouchDB 1.6.0 release
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 08:54:50 GMT
Hi all,

On 13 June 2014 16:11, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 13 Jun 2014, at 15:45 , Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Perhaps we could improve this by:
> >
> > - Moving the release notes bit early in the release process
>
> Or even make it a requirement for the release process to start. We can
> always amend it, if there need to be updates. That way we can make it part
> of the “PR Merge” requirement where dev@ and marketing@ can work together
> on writing this up.

very good idea. I am +1 on this!

> > On 13 June 2014 15:35, Dirkjan Ochtman <dirkjan@ochtman.nl> wrote:
>
> >> Adding whatever needs adding to the relevant What's New documentation
> >> chapter might be even better, and can be done at any time by anyone.

we should also put a "call for updating the What's New documentation" into
the release process. It's just sending a note to dev@.

> That too, of course, and I think it is important to have a friendlier
> document for the press folks that they can copy from right with the release
> notes. Happy to split it in two with a tl;dr preceding the longer
> explanations which then can also go into the docs What’s New.

breaking it into small chunks in the way press folks can copy and paste the
info is very good. This will increase chances that messages will be
included into news :)

> Best
> Jan
> --