couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: [NEWS] This weeks's CouchDB News are ready for feedback
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 18:02:58 GMT
Welcome Akshat,

nice that you're here :)

On 18 June 2014 19:22, Akshat Jiwan Sharma <akshatjiwan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hey fellows,
>
> I am new here so let me know if what I am about to suggest has already been
> discussed. Also what I am about to write does not necessarily belong in a
> weekly news but is just a general marketing discussion.
>
> So I was thinking that we could besides the weekly news, every once in a
> while, do a dev interview. Like a few weeks back I noticed that a
> significant merge( rcouch ) was about to happen.  For me it was the most
> exciting couchdb news since the announcement of big couch merge.  But sadly
> there were few details outside the list of changes. I would have liked to
> see an interview with Beniot with questions relevant to rcouch.
>

> Would this be a good idea? Interviewing the couch-db devs on how they feel
> about couchdb, it's ecosystem and the direction the project is taking in
> general?
>
> If you give me a go ahead I can prepare a list of questions, email them,
> compile the answers and submit it to Lena for final approval.

This is a brilliant idea. I would love to see a list of questions. Another
topic would be the BigCouch merge. Robert Newson (rnewson) and Russel
Branca (chewbranca) are very much involved here and maybe a double
interview would be cool.

I have some further ideas for possible interview partners and would love to
share the ideas with you. I think the best way is to start a new thread on
marketing@.

In my opinion, doing and releasing interviews would be of very great value
for the project because interested people can "touch" the people behind
Apache CouchDB and it's community.

What do you think?

Thanks a lot!

Cheers