couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: We need a better slogan
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2014 20:54:07 GMT
Hi Alex,

On 16 June 2014 21:43, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 16, 2014 at 11:39 PM, Andy Wenk <andywenk@apache.org> wrote:
> > Alex I am not sure what your contribution to this thread is ... what do
> you
> > wanna say with your comments?
>
> That we already have nice and well known slogan "Time to relax" and
> it's shortener version "relax". CouchDB even starts with these words
> (:

thanks for the clarification.

> What's Jan wrote at first mail:
>
> > Apache CouchDB™ is a database
> > that uses JSON for documents,
> > JavaScript for MapReduce indexes,
> > and regular HTTP for its API
>
> isn't a slogan, but summarized and short project description.

exactly. That's the reason why Jan started this thread. But you are right
when saying, that CouchDB has a slogan with "Time to relax".

The goal of this thread is to find a better slogan - also better than "Time
to relax". It should be (more) descriptive and cool but shorter than the
existing one Jan wrote down in his initial email for this thread.

Andy ideas?

Cheers

Andy
--