couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Re: [NEWS] This weeks's CouchDB News are ready for feedback
Date Wed, 18 Jun 2014 16:40:06 GMT
Hi everyone,

as it's already wednesday again and last week's News couldn't be published yet, I'd suggest
the following:

I'd prepare the news for tomorrow anyway, merge it with important content from last week and
then hope the infra is up again in the next days. If you think this doesn't make sense or
have a different idea, let me know.

I don't really know if there are any alternatives, but I'd love to hear your ideas on how
to deal with infrastructure issues in the future (I know that infrastructure stuff is hard,
my intention id not to blame anyone but to see how this can be dealt with from marketing side).

My main reason for this is that, in my experience, one of the most important things with posts
like weekly news and for gaining more traction over time is publishing them frequently and
reliably so users know that this is happening weekly and start looking forward to it. And
the second, very personal reason, is, that I put pretty much work into their curation :)

Would it probably be a solution to send them out via email (dev@ / …?) and then tweet a
link to the email archive? Or …?

Looking forward to hearing your ideas!