couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Re: We need a better slogan
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2014 11:04:06 GMT
I'm happy to help with this and would also join the process suggested by Andy if this is what
we choose to do (just to say I'd be in).

It's good to have a defined timeframe here. From my side the main obstacle would be the suggested
timeline  - I'm on holidays until June 23 and am aiming for at least a few days off (thus,
I can't get started before june 24), so an extended timeline would help me personally, otherwise
I'm also happy if someone else goes for it :)

> On 13.06.2014, at 10:33, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:
>
> addition:
>
> and we vote for sure for the resulting list Jan and Lena will propose out
> of the suggestions :)
>

>> On 13 June 2014 11:32, Andy Wenk <andy@nms.de> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Jan for bringing this up. This is a tough but good one :).
>>
>> I don't have any suggestions yet but agree with Lena's idea what the
>> slogan should say. I would like to propose to create a list somewhere
>> (temporary page on cwiki ->
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Marketing ?), where
>> we can put in slogans and compare them. Then Jan and Lena review them and
>> throw away what is not cool enough (we need some responsible people doing
>> this otherwise it will be endless).
>>
>> With this approach, we can fix that in between two weeks at max.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Andy
>>

>>> On 13 June 2014 11:12, Nick North <north.n@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I agree with Lena that the slogan should have some connection with
>>> databases. "All your data, everywhere", for example, would do that and
>>> refer to CouchDb's replication capabilities, but I don't think it is quite
>>> enticing enough.
>>>
>>> Nick

>>> offers
>>> stronger