couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [NEWS] CouchDB Weekly News May 29 are ready for feedback
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 16:26:15 GMT
Hmm, a link might be good yeah.

So, for selection criteria, I wonder what's most useful:

a) Linking to highly rated questions with lots of answers
b) Linking to highly rated questions with very few answers
c) Linking to barely rated questions with very few answers

(a) is useful for just showcasing great info.

(b) and (c) are useful for giving exposure to questions that might
otherwise be overlooked.

(b) might be better than (c) because it filters for the best questions (maybe)

On 30 May 2014 18:18, Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
> Yeah, good point, SO is getting more and more.
> Other opportunity I'd see is to a) limit the number to 10 or so and b) include a link
to a search result there so readers can still check out the recent CouchDB-related questions
on SO (http://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=couchdb ) ?

> On 30.05.2014, at 18:16, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> My only comment on this one is: should we limit the amount of
>> StackOverflow mentions? I sort of skim the list. But I'm not an SO
>> user, so perhaps I'm likely to do that anyway. What other ways could
>> we link to SO questions?
>>
>> On 29 May 2014 10:18, Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>>> Hi everyone,
>>>
>>> the Weekly News are ready for your reviews. With special thanks to everyone who
submitted content!

>>> The draft can be found here: http://ffffux.github.io/weekly-news.html
>>> HTML is here: https://github.com/ffffux/ffffux.github.io/blob/master/weekly-news.html
>>>
>>> If you have any annotations, comments or find typos, please let me know and I'll
update the file accordingly.

>>> It would be great if the news could be published by one of you afterwards, if
possible today (any volunteer? :) ), so we still have enough time to create some buzz around
it.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater