couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sharing data with third-parties
Date Thu, 01 May 2014 21:43:18 GMT
Right now we are using Google Analytics, but the configuration is
messed up. I'm open to suggestions of alternatives. But I think
assuming the feature set of GA is safe.

As for what we want to share there, I don't know yet. Immediately, I
can think of:

- Overall traffic (so we can spot trends)
- Traffic graphs for blog posts (page views over time)
- Top referers to our various properties (helps us to target our promotion)
- Search terms bringing people to the blog, docs, etc (so we know
what's resonating)
- Top countries, languages (so we know who our audience for events, etc)
- Browser stats (so we have an idea of who to target with our product and site)

Can you think of any other stats we'd want? We don't have to list them
all here right away. We can discuss specific stats as we need or want
to share them. But good to get a general impression of what we think
is acceptable now.

Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater