couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Re: [NEWS] CouchDB Weekly News May 29 are ready for feedback
Date Fri, 30 May 2014 16:57:49 GMT
based on all questions I've been looking at for the News, I'd say from my experience, as we
usually only link to questions from the last 7 days, most of them usually have only very few
or no stars.

Still, I'd agree to going for c) and, bit less, b), and just check in the next weeks how this
is works?

On 30.05.2014, at 18:26, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Hmm, a link might be good yeah.
>
> So, for selection criteria, I wonder what's most useful:
>
> a) Linking to highly rated questions with lots of answers
> b) Linking to highly rated questions with very few answers
> c) Linking to barely rated questions with very few answers
>
> (a) is useful for just showcasing great info.
>
> (b) and (c) are useful for giving exposure to questions that might
> otherwise be overlooked.
>
> (b) might be better than (c) because it filters for the best questions (maybe)
>
> On 30 May 2014 18:18, Lena Reinhard <lena@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>> Yeah, good point, SO is getting more and more.
>> Other opportunity I'd see is to a) limit the number to 10 or so and b) include a
link to a search result there so readers can still check out the recent CouchDB-related questions
on SO (http://stackoverflow.com/search?tab=newest&q=couchdb ) ?

>> On 30.05.2014, at 18:16, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> My only comment on this one is: should we limit the amount of
>>> StackOverflow mentions? I sort of skim the list. But I'm not an SO
>>> user, so perhaps I'm likely to do that anyway. What other ways could
>>> we link to SO questions?

I'll update the file accordingly.

if possible today (any volunteer? :) ), so we still have enough time to create some buzz around
it.