couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Provide short annotation for shared posts
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 16:11:23 GMT
Actually, to put it more into context...

You (sorry to pick on you) just posted:

> CouchDB and the Heartbleed SSL/TLS Vulnerability:

> https://blogs.apache.org/couchdb/entry/couchdb_and_the_heartbleed_ssl

> CouchDB and the Heartbleed SSL/TLS Vulnerability : CouchDB
> blogs.apache.org

Notice how the second title is provided by Google+. So I don't
understand why you're duplicating the title in the description. Now we
have it twice. Looks silly.

You also include a raw URL, which looks ugly. You can share URLs as
links and they are hidden. :)

Compare to the last thing I posted:

> New blog post!
> The Little Things(1): Do Not Delete : CouchDB
> blogs.apache.org

Or:

> Roll up, roll up. Read all about it!
> CouchDB Weekly News, April 3 : CouchDB
> blogs.apache.org

Or:

> New post by +Andreas Wenk
> On The CouchDB Community : CouchDB
> blogs.apache.org

These are just the ones you picked out. I think if you include the
additional text there, they don't look so bad at all.

Note also: there are plenty of posts we have where we're pulling
quotes, and so on.

Such as:

--
Noah Slater