couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Provide short annotation for shared posts
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 16:32:43 GMT
What about when there's nothing to pull quote. Just leave it blank?

On 8 April 2014 18:26, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2014 at 8:13 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>> Can you provide an example of how you'd share the weekly news?
>
> Sure.
>
> Instead of:
>
>> CouchDB and the Heartbleed SSL/TLS Vulnerability:
>> https://blogs.apache.org/couchdb/entry/couchdb_and_the_heartbleed_ssl
>> CouchDB and the Heartbleed SSL/TLS Vulnerability : CouchDB
>> blogs.apache.org
>
> Use:
>
>> *IMPORTANT*
>> You may or may not have heard about the Heartbleed SSL/TLS Vulnerability yet (http://heartbleed.com).
>> Without much exaggeration, this is a big one.
>>
>> In this post we prepared the instruction how to fix the issue in context of CouchDB
usage.
>> https://blogs.apache.org/couchdb/entry/couchdb_and_the_heartbleed_ssl
>> CouchDB and the Heartbleed SSL/TLS Vulnerability : CouchDB
>> blogs.apache.org
>

> Instead of:
>
>> New blog post!
>> The Little Things(1): Do Not Delete : CouchDB
>> blogs.apache.org
>
> Use:
>
>> *The Little Things(1): Do Not Delete*
>> _CouchDB takes data storage extremely seriously. This usually means we work hard
to make sure that the CouchDB storage modules are as robust as we can make them. Sometimes
though, we go all the way to the HTTP API to secure against accidental data loss, saving users
from their mistakes, rather than dealing with hard drives and kernel caches that usually stand
in the way of safe data storage._

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater