couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Provide short annotation for shared posts
Date Tue, 08 Apr 2014 11:59:47 GMT
Hello,

Recently shared blog posts on G+ starts and ends with the next words:

> New blog post!
> Roll up, roll up. Read all about it!
> Roll up, roll up. Read all about it. Get your copy of the CouchDB Weekly News, March
2
> New post by +Andreas Wenk!
> Woo hoo! See you there!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/109226482722655790973/posts

These reminds me old good 90x with NEW! HOT! links, blinking colorful
texts, marquee magic and a lot of animation on the page. Suddenly,
these good old times had gone away, so could we please provide some
more information about shared items? Technically, this should be first
paragraph from shared post which included the main idea of all the
text, but there is a lot of space for improvisation to highlight the
idea.

I understand reasons about having some short description there: it's
easy to copy-paste news between twitter / reddit / g+ and others
without care about text size limitation, but we should respect
community rules: what's good for twitter, may be not for g+ and fb and
if we have a chance to provide more text, the interesting intro to our
news that would be more attractive for newcomers and respectful for
the people who don't want waste their time on things in the web with
crying titles.

In our information age it's very easy to produce and share
information. To manage this huge stream of information everyone sets
own inner filter to ignore all the trash and catch up only interesting
bits. Suddenly, our current news stream on g+ is a trash with no
useful bits. It could be better, it could be interesting.

When you're walking at night and looking on the sky you see thousands
stars there. If the new one will raise there you would never notice
that. You'll probably wouldn't spend more than 5 minutes looking on
them. However, if only you had an Augment Reality device which would
show a short description for every star in the focus and highlight the
new ones, I bet sky-watching process would be more interesting for you
and will lasts not a single hour.

Let's make our posts on communities better to attract [more] people
and raise the discussion around. Let's annotate our stars.

Thanks.

--