couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to post on Google+
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 11:25:52 GMT
Imho, it's one of the awkward moment of G+.

If you share something with only just the community, followers of your
page which aren't members of that community wouldn't receive
notification about your post. Use case: I'd like to receive news from
and about CouchDB, but I don't belongs to that community. So posting
from page account and resharing with community sounds reasonable from
point of cover all the followers.

On other hand, if you following CouchDB page and you're member of
related community you'll receive duplicate notification, you'll see
duplicated posts on your home page as like as on Posts page of
CouchDB. Hopefully, this could be fixed via special "silent" circle.

Things going crazy when you'd like to share something with multiple
communities: you'll have N similar posts on your page and someone's
too. Benoit knows how's that (:

So, while this "design flaw" exists, imho, better follow the rule to
cover more audience as possible - from this point your actions are
reasonable.

--