couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Where to post on Google+
Date Thu, 10 Apr 2014 13:07:33 GMT
On Thu, Apr 10, 2014 at 4:55 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> What about just deleting our page? Have one place we post news?

The page provides "single voice" for some community or organization.
So deleting it wouldn't be very good idea.

> What's common practice?

The common practice as I saw is still mixing news. Some "pages"
duplicates posts with the related communities, some of them trying to
split project itself news from community interacted ones. For
instance, "page" account posts info about releases, members,
significant event, while for community it shares blog posts,
questions, thirdparty news etc. However, even in this case some things
you'd like to share both with the community and followers.

We could try to setup something similar: make CouchDB page some
official news feed on G+ while left community for community things and
CouchDB Universe stuff. This sounds quite solid for me.

--