couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Joan Touzet <jo...@atypical.net>
Subject Re: Blog post about choosing CouchDB
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2014 17:19:01 GMT
Interesting, and indeed:

"I realize that this is a purist view; maybe under the covers
everything is technically sound."

There is definitely a perception that turning to full-text search
to handle adhoc queries is a problem. I don't see the issue
myself...

That said calling it "Lucene Elastic Search" over and over again
shows someone is a bit unfamiliar with the code....I'm sure it's not
ElasticSearch anywhere under the covers. :)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Noah Slater" <nslater@apache.org>
To: marketing@couchdb.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:27:29 AM
Subject: Blog post about choosing CouchDB

http://dejanglozic.com/2014/04/14/we-dont-have-mongodb-is-couchdb-ok/

"Due to some legal issues (AGPL license of MongoDB server is giving
our lawyers heartburn), we were slow to make that instinctive choice
ourselves. Then IBM bought Cloudant, and it was an easy decision - use
our very own NoSQL DB, and let somebody else manage it to boot. True
master-master replication can't hurt either."

An interesting perspective in there about how Cloudant's Lucene
integration feels "unnatural" or "unpure".

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater