couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Re: [NEWS] Your link for the CouchDB Weekly News?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2014 07:41:01 GMT
Hi Dave,
sounds great, thank you!

On 28.04.2014, at 19:08, Dave Cottlehuber <dch@jsonified.com> wrote:

> Hi some items for next edition:
>
> A common pattern for couchdb is to have a per-user database, because this is the only
boundary where couchdb enforces user permissions for security. It also makes replicating user
data to another device very straightforwards.

> When you have a new user signing up with a couchdb login, you’ll often want to create
a database for them immediately. While there’s no built-in feature to do this for you, the
CouchDB community have of course rolled their own:

> Here’s a couple of options, one in Erlang/OTP and the other in Node:
>
> https://github.com/etrepum/couchperuser
> https://github.com/pegli/couchdb-dbperuser-provisioning
>
> Of note, etrepum, is also the primary author of the super mochiweb library, https://github.com/mochi/mochiweb/
which provides the http(s) support for couchdb. We’d not be the same without that!