couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB Weekly News, March 27
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 15:31:18 GMT
Updated the blog post. Thanks for the bug report.

On 27 March 2014 15:57, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> Yeah sorry Jens, very likely a proper oversight. This is big news indeed (congrats on
the release, too! :)

> This was the first week and we are just getting into the grove of thing.
>
> We can just run it next week and give it some proper room, too. You know like it is with
TV shows, the first episode of a new season has to be good enough for people to want to watch
the second one and tell all their friends to do the same. The second one needs to knock it
out of the park so people stay for the season. If the second one is not as good as the first,
you have more people watching and leave them disappointed. :)

> Not saying we planned it that way, but at least we've got that going for us now :D
>
> Best
> Jan
> --
>
>> On 27.03.2014, at 15:46, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
>>> May I ask why the news item I submitted, about the release of Couchbase Lite
beta 3, was not included? It's not _directly_ about CouchDB, but it's a compatible implementation
just like PouchDB, of which there was a news item.

>>> I know there have been political issues between Couchbase and the Apache CouchDB
group, but those shouldn't get in the way of sharing technical information.

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater