couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB Weekly News, March 27
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2014 14:46:14 GMT
On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 6:31 PM, Jens Alfke <jens@couchbase.com> wrote:
> May I ask why the news item I submitted, about the release of Couchbase Lite beta 3,
was not included? It’s not _directly_ about CouchDB, but it’s a compatible implementation
just like PouchDB, of which there was a news item.

> I know there have been political issues between Couchbase and the Apache CouchDB group,
but those shouldn’t get in the way of sharing technical information.

I believe it's because lack of single source of all information. Just
for case of others interesting news:

- Dart client release: http://pub.dartlang.org/packages/wilt
- CouchDB + DNA + Google Maps:
http://iphylo.blogspot.co.uk/2014/03/displaying-dna-barcodes-on-google-maps.html
- CouchDB short review:
http://www.future-processing.pl/blog/couchdb-short-review/
- A bit old for weekly, but still good news about opencouch from
Erlang Factory 2014: https://speakerdeck.com/benoitc/opencouch

And I feel there are more others.

I wonder if we could make such single feel of all news around CouchDB.
Everyone of us monitors some specific resources which others doesn't.
This may help us to get the information faster and effectively share
it with the others.

--