couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Lena Reinhard <l...@thehoodiefirm.com>
Subject Lena says hi // The CouchDB weekly news
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2014 09:41:22 GMT
Hello everyone,

I'm Lena, a Berlin-based writer and photographer and working on Hoodie's (hood.ie) marketing
and communications for one year now. Besides, I'm helping out with marketing for various conferences
like Reject.js, Nodecopter and CSSConf EU.

I got into CouchDB via Jan L. and Noah who also came up with the idea to start a "CouchDB
weekly news" collection on the CouchDB blog. And this is what I'd like to share my thoughts
on with you.

THE IDEA
The idea is to give everyone who's interested a weekly-issued, short overview of what is happening
in the CouchDB universe - including all (or at least the most) important things that have
been going on in the past week.

THE WHY AND HOW
I've been doing a similar weekly link collection for Hoodie's blog for almost one year now
It helped us a lot in a few ways: after a few weeks, people started asking for it when we
couldn't post it once. It also helps us reach more people, spread our own content better and
all in all we got a lot of very good feedback. People tell us they're looking forward to these
posts each week.
And I think, in general and based on all the things Noah and Jan told me about the CouchDB
community, that it could be possible to reach something similar for CouchDB, too. Due to the
different community structure, the CouchDB weekly news will be far more tech-focussed than
the ones I'm doing for Hoodie. My work on this will be supported by Cloudant; Jan and Noah
have already agreed to give me general feedback, especially in the first weeks.

I'm aiming to dive deeper into what's happening in the CouchDB community for reasons of personal
curiosity and interest; and I'm definitely hoping to support your work on CouchDB's Marketing
with this in the long term. I'll also aim for supporting CouchDB's marketing with other work
besides these "weekly news", I'll try to keep track of the things I can do via this mailing
list and also stay in contact with Noah :)

THE SCHEDULE
- release: weekly on thursdays at 11am UTC on CouchDB's blog

THE STRUCTURE + CONTENT
- similar to https://blogs.apache.org/cloudstack/entry/apache_cloudstack_weekly_news_42
	- Major discussions on mailing lists, blogs, a short summary of discussions in the weekly
CouchDB meeting and around
	- News in the universe
	- Releases
	- Events
	- New Committers and PMC Members
	- plus: 1-2 "and also in the news" things (something funny, … which doesn't have to be
technical)

---

This is currently the main things I got about this (I hope I didn't forget anything). I'll
be trying to get into this in the next weeks and I'd really appreciate your feedback. So if
you'd love to add things here, know about a relevant source / piece of writing that should
be in there or want to give general feedback: I'd really love to hear from you.

Looking forward to working with you!

Best from Berlin

Lena

--