couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Peter Cooper <pe...@cooperpress.com>
Subject Re: CouchDB news for DB-weekly
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 15:25:07 GMT
Hi Andy,

> First of all I would like to say, that I really love your
> weekly-newsletters. I have subscribed to all of them. The information you
> are providing is of very great value. Thanks for your awesome work :)

Great to hear from you, and thanks for your support!

> I assume you know CouchDB as it is one of the early players in the NoSQL
> field. One of our goals for this year is to push many marketing efforts.
> The community is growing and big things are on it's way e.g. the merge for
> rcouch and Cloudant's BigCouch into Apache CouchDB.
>
> So my question is what the process is, so that you also include news about
> CouchDB into the DB-Weekly newsletter? We would love to send news and
> information about the project to you regularly - but maybe not every week.

Generally the best way is to just ensure that we know about things, whether
that's by dropping a mail occasionally with things you think make sense
(bearing in mind we're trying to be a very general newsletter, so things
that are all "detail" or basically exclusively interesting to Couch users
probably wouldn't fit) or even sending me a tweet to add something into our
queue to check out (@peterc).

What are Couch's main news mechanisms so far? Is there an existing weekly
newsletter in your space or something similar? (Possibly an aggregating
Twitter account (we do casually keep an eye on @couchdb through a Twitter
list). Anything along those lines that we can subscribe to/follow will help
us be more aware of things than we might otherwise be :-)

--
Peter Cooper
Cooper Press

Cooper Press Ltd is registered in England #07625723

Registered Office:
30 Lincoln Way
Fairfield Enterprise Centre
Louth, Lincs, UK, LN11 0LS