couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Blog post and press info
Date Tue, 25 Feb 2014 16:09:45 GMT
Noah,

On 25 February 2014 16:48, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Started this:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/COUCHDB/Promotion

I am still waiting for access granted from infra ... (or someone else ...)

Will collect other info about this here too.

> Gonna create a page for the weekly news stuff also.

very cool!

On 25 February 2014 16:28, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
> > Andy,
> >
> > Note that we provide a board report quarterly that has this info
> > summarised. So you can use some of that if you like.

I already thought about this. Thanks!

> > Individual committer/PMC elections are not enough for a blog post. But
> > I was hoping one day that we'd include them in a "weekly news" sort of
> > thing. As I mention on another thread, we have someone lined up to
> > work on that. Woo!

yeah - that's what would be cool to have. I will wait for your further info
on that :) looking forward ...

>  > A general status update wrt the merges is a good idea. And it would be
> > nice to wrap up the 2014 goals thread, and perhaps summarise that. I
> > think these two things would be good for the blog.

I try to write that in the next days and will post it here for copy edit

>  > As for Peter Cooper's suggestion. Perhaps we can keep a list of places
> > to ping about news on the wiki. And then we can integrate this in our
> > promotion procedures for big events, blog posts, and so on.

I was thinking about creating a small app where we can collect the
recipients and fire a email to them. It could also be mailchimp or the
like. I will dig into this a bit more.

> > Please feel free to start these things!

Already did :) Thanks a lot for your input ...

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk