couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CouchDB news for DB-weekly
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 22:47:48 GMT
Hi Peter,

thanks a lot for your reply.

On 24 February 2014 16:25, Peter Cooper <peter@cooperpress.com> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>

>> First of all I would like to say, that I really love your
>> weekly-newsletters. I have subscribed to all of them. The information you
>> are providing is of very great value. Thanks for your awesome work :)
>>

> Great to hear from you, and thanks for your support!
>

>>  I assume you know CouchDB as it is one of the early players in the
>> NoSQL field. One of our goals for this year is to push many marketing
>> efforts. The community is growing and big things are on it's way e.g. the
>> merge for rcouch and Cloudant's BigCouch into Apache CouchDB.
>>
>> So my question is what the process is, so that you also include news
>> about CouchDB into the DB-Weekly newsletter? We would love to send news and
>> information about the project to you regularly - but maybe not every week.
>>

> Generally the best way is to just ensure that we know about things,
> whether that's by dropping a mail occasionally with things you think make
> sense (bearing in mind we're trying to be a very general newsletter, so
> things that are all "detail" or basically exclusively interesting to Couch
> users probably wouldn't fit) or even sending me a tweet to add something
> into our queue to check out (@peterc).

ok - this is very cool and easy :). I am aware that you need the more
highlevel bits regarding the CouchDB project.

>  What are Couch's main news mechanisms so far? Is there an existing
> weekly newsletter in your space or something similar? (Possibly an
> aggregating Twitter account (we do casually keep an eye on @couchdb through
> a Twitter list). Anything along those lines that we can subscribe to/follow
> will help us be more aware of things than we might otherwise be :-)

Recently we started a marketing team with the focus on a all these things.
Spreading the word about CouchDB. This is still in progress and we are
planning social media activities and also setting up our own resources. My
target to get in touch with you was to make a starting point. As you may
know it's always good to start something in a OpenSource project and then
the sones start to roll.

If I have more details on the topics above, I will come back to you and
give detailed resources you can scan and follow. For the beginning, I
suggest to send you a summary about activities via email. I think this will
happen within the next two weeks.

Thank you very much for your time and your support!

Cheers

Andy
--
Andy Wenk