couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: CouchDB news for DB-weekly
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2014 09:11:36 GMT
Hi Alex,

your input is highly appreciated :)

On 24 February 2014 09:46, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>
> On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 10:14 PM, Andy Wenk <andywenk@apache.org> wrote:
> > So my question is what the process is, so that you also include news
> about
> > CouchDB into the DB-Weekly newsletter? We would love to send news and
> > information about the project to you regularly - but maybe not every
> week.
>
> I believe, at first, we have to generate these news or somehow raise
> dev-bloggers interest to CouchDB (again - there are a lot of posts
> about CouchDB, but mostly dated between 2008-2011 years). There most
> interesting news currently are happens on ML and IRC, conferences and
> Cloudant blog. Also, our planet is mostly dead:
> http://planet.couchdb.org/ - while it's have a potential be the
> first-class source of news about CouchDB world.

you are right. What we need is to start the motor for all these sources
again. But the marketing team has to setup itself first and can then ask
the community to push news to the adequate places. E.g. a good start would
be to reactivate http://planet.couchdb.org/

> So, I think, when the Planet will be alive and active, when there
> would be a lot of new and interesting posts about CouchDB, then we'll
> have a chance to be interested for DB-Weekly and others news
> aggregations.

In a way yes. But I know that starting relationships to people like Peter
can take some time, I think it is good to get in touch with him now. If he
says "I will write about CouchDB but not now because of lack of good
resources" we have a. opened the door to get in the DB-Weekly newsletter
and b. know what we have to do exactly. I suggest to wait for his answer
and take further steps then.

> P.S. I'm not familiar with all these marketing things and tricks, so
> would argue much for any position, but will just left my thoughts
> about the subj if you don't mind (:

see my very first note above :)

How about you writing on http://planet.couchdb.org/ ?

@marketing-team: should we throw out a mail to user@ and dev@ to remind
that we have planet.couchdb.org? We could suggest some topics to write
about:

_ new committers &| PMC members
_ bigcouch and rcouch merge
_ l10n
_ 1.5.0 release with new features
_ marketing activities and request to get in touch with us
_ ...

Cheers

Andy

--