couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Re: Website Copy Reworking
Date Thu, 27 Feb 2014 14:13:50 GMT
Sorry for the silly response...I sent it not long after waking up. :-P

I do agree we need increasingly more clarity on the site, but I'd rather
not block longer. Trying to avoid the "perfect being the enemy of the good."

I tried several variations before sending this one--all more
accurate...and lengthy...than this one. What I determined was that *for
now* we should ship something *better* and iterate toward perfect. :)

The key necessary distinction to fix is between indexing and querying.
The rest, we'll continue to flesh out in the copy below the intro line,
and hopefully within a few weeks re-think the whole of the web
site--once we get farther on the "Why" conversations, etc.

The goal now is simply to "clean house" and make sure things are
clear*er*. :)

You all OK with me shipping this in the proposed way, and working our
way through the rest of the copy?

Hoping we can ship more, more often, and get to perfect a step at a time. :)

Thanks!