couchdb-marketing mailing list archives

From Benjamin Young <byo...@bigbluehat.com>
Subject Re: myNoSQL note on HipChat
Date Tue, 18 Feb 2014 14:51:23 GMT
On 2/18/14, 9:39 AM, Noah Slater wrote:
> "This is only the 2nd time in quite a while I'm reading an article
> mentioning CouchDB -- after the February
> "no-releases-but-we're-still-merging-BigCouch" report for ASF. And
> according to the story, CouchDB is on the way out."
>
> Aye. We really need to get this next release out.
>
> But to get back to the topic: what we really need is someone who can
> collect weekly news and do a regular blog post with a link round-up
> that points people to all the stuff going on in the world of CouchDB.
> Sort of like how the Hoodie project do it.

I'd love to see this happen--and had plans to do it for years/months
past both on my own and at Cloudant. Time's come, I guess. :)

To that end, what if we simply begin sharing CouchDB ecosystem related
links on this marketing@ list and each do what we can to promote them
(retweet, reblog, sum up in a weekly post on our personal/company blogs,
etc).

I'd love to see the PMC aggregate these into a weekly/bi-weekly or even
monthly "CouchDB Land Links" (or whatever).

The more of us linking (and posting, etc) these things, the greater
chance it has to raise the volume for CouchDB.

Sound like a plan?