couchdb-l10n mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <>
Subject [RFC] Where are we with CouchDB translations
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2014 22:45:18 GMT
Hi dear translation team,

I would like to take the time and have a look at the progress we make in
translating the CouchDB documentation. First of all I would like to thank
all of the people contributing to translating CouchDB. Your work and effort
is highly appreciated. Thank you!

When I look at the pootle translation tool I am impressed in how many
different languages we started to translate. On the other hand there is the
the feeling, that the progress is not that big in total. So that brings me
to the question if there are any problems, inconveniences or technical
issues. We would love to hear your feedback on the following questions:

Are there any technical problems when you are using the translation tool?
Is there anything that can help you for doing translation work?
Do you need any assistance?
Are you still interested in translating?

I still have the dream to roll out the first translations with the CouchDB
version 1.7. So if there is anything that can help to reach that target,
please let us know.

We are also very thankful for ideas how to attract more translators. Do you
have a friend or colleague who might be interested to help with the
translations? Simply point her to this mailing list or pass my email
address to interested people.

Thanks a lot for your feedback and keep on doing awesome stuff :)

Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany