couchdb-l10n mailing list archives

From Alexander Shorin <kxe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ReadTheDocs now supports localisation
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:22:05 GMT
On Fri, Jan 17, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
> On 16 Jan 2014, at 21:56 , Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I'm completely +1 for serving html (and pdf) docs via CouchDB itself
>> (especially, if we're already have such: couchdb.couchdb.org - just
>> need to setup nicer alias for docs). Just give me db url where to
>> upload the builds and story ends on this (:
>
> I’d caution against NIH. RTD seems worth the effort.

I'd rather say, that RTD doing NIH ignoring base sphinx feature, but
this would be offtopic and non-productive (;
There is no much NIH in my propose since we're already have own
builder named jankins and the only thing left is to pick the place
where put the artefacts - CouchDB serves sphinx docs nicely. And since
we'll use sphinx gettext feature, we don't need to wait separate docs
repo to setup there magic around language branches to let RTD builder
handle them nicely.

--