couchdb-l10n mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: ReadTheDocs now supports localisation
Date Thu, 16 Jan 2014 20:40:55 GMT
Jan, thanks for the info :)

On 16 January 2014 13:03, Alexander Shorin <kxepal@gmail.com> wrote:

> Suddenly, they don't support gettext, but just mapping "other project
> -> language". This means that we have to make N copies (one per
> language) of our docs and create same amount of RTD projects. Gettext
> works differently, preventing copying things and generating html/pdf
> with the respect of existed translations.
>
> I think, we should stay with gettext, but our RTD integration process
> would be a bit tricky in this case.

First I thought - YAY - but after reading
http://docs.readthedocs.org/en/latest/localization.html (Project with
multiple translations) I am asking myself "why?".

Alex, I am completely with you with staying with gettext. Do you have an
idea how to get that working with RTD? Can you point me to the work
(branch) you already did?

Cheers

Andy

--