couchdb-l10n mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Attracting translators
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2013 18:26:08 GMT
Small note. After making a blog post, it's a good idea to:

- Tweet about it, with a link
- Post to Hacker News
- Post to /r/programming (Reddit)
- Post to /r/Database (Reddit)
- Post to /r/nosql (Reddit)
- Post to /r/CouchDB (Reddit)
- Post to the CouchDB Google+ page
- Post to the CouchDB Google+ community

And then after all of that, summarise the post in an email, and post
it to user@ and dev@.

It's often a good idea to include links to all the other social media
stuff you did, and politely ask people to help the project out by
retweeting, upvoting, and resharing them.

I should probably write up a proper guide on this.

For the time being, there are some specific instructions int he
release procedure, but they are very specific for making a release.

cf. https://wiki.apache.org/couchdb/Release_Procedure#Promoting_the_Release

--
Noah Slater
https://twitter.com/nslater