couchdb-l10n mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <andyw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: INFRA: Pootle translation service for CouchDB questions
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2013 22:33:54 GMT
Hi Jan,

thanks again!

On 10 November 2013 23:17, janI <jani@apache.org> wrote:

> Forgot.
>
> It late here (southern spain), but I will try to upload the templates
> sometime tomorrow.

same here (in Hamburg Germany ;-) )

> rgds
> jan I.
>
> On 10 November 2013 23:14, janI <jani@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 10 November 2013 22:46, Andy Wenk <andywenk@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> but we haz G-Drive ;-)
>>>

>>> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2xXhdpvuHcGRkVyTFNXaHI2NHM/edit?usp=sharing&pli=1
>>>
>>> (this is German btw)
>>>
>> Kein problem (bin fast wiener nebenbei).

ah ... gut ;-)

> Jan, please find attached the zip file with the .pot files. Russian and
>>> German was setup initially but I started in the source code later on with
>>> German and French. I made a backup of the German translations in pootle so
>>> feel free to completely remove everything and set it up newly.
>>>
>>> When you have uploaded the pot files, is it afterward possible for me to
>>> add new languages inside the CouchDB source code and simply upload a
>>> actualised zip archive with new pot files for the new language? It could be
>>> that Italian and Swedish are the next candidates ...
>>>
>> Yes, you add new languages in the admin menu, if you come across a
>> language I have not setup, then give me a mail.
>>
>> You confuse me (and maybe also yourself).

both is true - but now clear ;-)

>  .pot files are only uploaded ONCE, every time the sources changes, NOT
>> pr language.
>>
>  the directory structure is (simplified)
>>
>> templates:
>>       xyz.pot
>> ru:
>>       xyz.po
>> de:
>>      xyz.po
>> it:
>>     xyz.po
>>
>> and when the text in the source changes, you extract and upload 1 new
>> xyz.pot file, then run "update against templates" which will:
>> depending on content of new xyz.pot do the following to ru/xyz.po
>> de/xyz.po fr/xyz.po
>> - add all new msgid with empty msgstr (non translated)
>> - remove deleted msgid
>> - mark changed msgid with fuzzy  (needs work).

ok got it . I am, still new to  all this. But with your help the picture
becomes drawn ;-)

 please remember the workflow
>> 1) extract .pot for original languge
>> 2) update, translate etc
>> 3) copy .po files to the source tree, and commit them (for release build)
>> 4) merge .po files back to temporary source (I would NOT commit changed
>> source files in svn)
>>
>> Hope this clarifies a bit, otherwise just ask.

yes it does! Thanks a lot!

Please ping me when you found time to upload the .pot files.

Cheers

Andy