couchdb-l10n mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject How to translate well known english words?
Date Thu, 21 Nov 2013 17:12:14 GMT
Hi all,

I am asking myself how we translate well known english words in the context
of CouchDB. These words are for example:

* view
* request
* response

and furthermore

* replication
* compaction

and so on ...

In my opinion, we should keep these words and do not translate them. When
we have sth. like

"Request the database with the following URL"

we could translate it to (in German):

"Sende einen Request mit der folgenden URL an die Datenbank"

What is your opinion here? When we found a solution, we should do that in
all languages - if possible.

Please remember, that there is also the navigation point "Terminology"
where we should insert these decisions.

Cheers

Andy

--