couchdb-l10n mailing list archives

From Andy Wenk <a...@nms.de>
Subject Re: Attracting translators
Date Sun, 20 Oct 2013 11:50:29 GMT
On 20 October 2013 13:29, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Now we have our new list, and our Pootle account should follow soon, I
> wonder if we should talk about attracting translators.
>
> When would we be interested in doing this?
>
> I think at a minimum, we should prepare a blog post, announcing the start
> of this effort, and then do a tweet, and what have you.
>
> Anyone want to volunteer for writing that post? Andy? :)
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Noah Slater
> https://twitter.com/nslater

Noah, thanks ;-)

actually I am still not sure if we are ready for an announcement. I was
already thinking about this. But at this point I would like to understand
the tasks needed for the integration of L10n into CouchDB. I am not sure
who will do what. So the involved people from the technical point of view
are for now Alex, Dirkjan, Dave, Noah and me (hope I did not miss anybody).
If we want to go fast (and it seems that we want this ;-) ) I would see my
role as communicating, organizing and translating stuff and not doing any
technical integration tasks - at least for now. I am too slow for that.

I would love to write a post but in advance I would like to define the
steps needed for starting with translating CouchDB. Means write a HOW TO
for translators ...

BUT - I am also ok with writing a blog post about the start of the efforts.
Fine! How would that be done? I am writing it and send it to you Dave?

Sorry for all these questions but I am still a Newbiew in the project -
although I am a BIG fan since the beginning ;-) (as you may know ;-) )

Thoughts?

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany