couchdb-erlang mailing list archives

From Stefan Klein <st.fankl...@gmail.com>
Subject Access to the ddoc from an validate_doc_update function?
Date Tue, 21 Jan 2014 17:45:49 GMT
Hi all,

i got a validate_doc_update written in Javascript to validate documents
agains a json-schema.
This function is painful slow, even if i immediately return from the
Javascript and don't actually do work in the function.
I thought to give it a try to implement the vdu in Erlang, got it working
so far with a hard coded schema definition inside the function.

In Javascript I can insert my schema definitions into the design doc and
access it via "this".

Obviously there is no "this" in Erlang and accessing the database is a no
go for consistency reasons (if it's even possible, not sure from googling).

I could use a template to generate the vdu function and include the schemas
into the function or even concat fragments of the function together ... but
i hope there is a more elegant solution.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Stefan