couchdb-erlang mailing list archives

From Mike Marino <mmar...@gmail.com>
Subject Tips for debugging erlang view/updates/ etc.
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2013 10:00:23 GMT
Hi all,

I have recently been working on migrating from Javascript to erlang
for views and I was wondering if there are any tips that folks have
for debugging this code?  I have used:

1.  ... the couch log to decipher crashes, but some of this
information is difficult to parse and sometimes lacking information
(e.g. it just says the view crashed, instead of saying "where" or
"what").
2.  ... the erl command line for testing code/compilation, etc.

I am curious if others have found a good workflow for dealing with this.

Cheers,
Mike